smcce.org

St. Mary's Centenary College of Education

(A Minority Educational Institution Established in 1988 by the Catholic Archbishop of Visakhapatnam)
Affiliated to Andhra University & Recognized by the N. C. T. E., Bangalore & The Govt. of A.P.

GNANAPURAM, VISAKHAPATNAM - 530004 (A.P.) Ph : 0891 - 2559486

 

Admission Procedure

 

The college has been sanctioned the intake of 160 students by the National Council for Teacher Education. Admissions are done as per the G.O.'s and institutions issued from time to time. As per Government norms 80% of admissions is done under Christian Minority Quota and the rest of 20% is under Management Quota. The college takes all measures to be transparent in the admissions.

 

 

Course Details

 

The college follows the common syllabus prepared for the two year B.Ed. Degree course for the whole of the state of Andhra Pradesh from the academic year 2015-17:

 

 

Semester - I  

Course

Title

Theory
(External)

Theory/ Practicum
(Internal)

No. of Internal Tests
Assign-ments

Transaction Plan
L+T+P per week

Contact Hours per Week

Credits

Total Marks

I

Philosophical Foundations of Education

80

20

2

4+2+0

8

4

100

II

Perspectives in Child Development

80

20

2

4+2+0

8

4

100

III

ICT for enriching Teaching and Learning

80

20

2

4+2+0

8

4

100

IV

Pedagogy of Mathematics/ Social Sciences/ Biological Sciences (Pg1)

40

10

1

2+1+1

6

2

50

V

Pedagogy Physical Sciences/ English/ Telugu/ Urdu (Pg2)

40

10

1

2+1+1

6

2

50

SIP

Practicum (Activities/ Projects/Records)

 

100

-

-

-

4

100

 

Total (I Semester)

320

180

8

16+8+2

36

20

500


Semester - II  

Course

Title

Theory
(External)

Theory/ Practicum
(Internal)

No. of Internal Tests Assign-ments

Transaction Plan
L+T+P per week

Contact Hours
Per week

Credits

Total Marks

VI

Sociological Foundations of Education

80

20

2

4+2+0

8

4

100

VII

Learning and Teaching

80

20

2

4+2+0

8

4

100

VIII

Classroom Management, Leadership and Action Research

40

10

1

2+1+1

6

2

50

IX

Art Education

40

10

1

2+1+1

6

2

50

S2P

Practicum (Activities/ Projects/ Records)
Completion of school & community activities specified in courses of I & II semesters

-

125*

-

-

-

5

125

 

Micro Teaching –five lessons in each pedagogy to develop micro skills of teaching among student Teachers in a simulated situation (college)

-

Pg1 - 25 Pg2 - 25

-

2+2+2+2

8

2

50

School & Community Experience of 4 weeks
1. Observation of 5 lessons in each pedagogy taught regular school teachers
2. Report on School Activities & Report on Achievement & Attendance

-
-

Pg1 - 25 Pg2 - 25
25

-
-

-
-

-
-

2
1

50
25

Total (II Semester)

240

310

16

16+8+2

36

22

550


Semester - III  

 Course

Title

Theory
(External)

Theory/ Practicum
(Internal)

No. of Internal Tests Assign-ments

Transaction Plan
L+T+P per week

Contact Hours
Per week

Credits

Total Marks

X

Pedagogy of Mathematics/ Social Sciences/ Biological Sciences (Pg1)

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

XI

Pedagogy of Physical Sciences/ English/ Telugu/ Urdu (Pg2)

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

XII

Learning Assessment

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

XIII

Understanding the Self

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

 

Practicum (Activities/ Projects/ Records)

-

100**

-

-

-

4

100

S3P

School Internship-8 Weeks. Practice Teaching of Twenty lessons for 6th &7th Classes in each pedagogy subject

-

Pg1 – 100* Pg2 – 100*

-

-

-

8

200

Observation of five lessons by peer group in each pedagogy subject

-

Pg1 - 25 Pg2 - 25

-

-

-

2

50

Total (III Semester)

160

390

-

12+8+4

36

22

550


Semester - IV  

Course

Title

Theory
(External)

Theory/ Practicum
(Internal)

No. of
Internal Tests
Assign-ments

Transaction Plan
L+T+P per week

Contact Hours
Per week

Credits

Total Marks

XIV

Contemporary India and Education

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

XV

Gender, School and Society

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

XVI

Inclusive Education

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

XVII

Environmental Education

40

10

1

3+2+1

9

2

50

 

S4P

 

Practicum (Activities/ Projects/ Records)

-

100**

-

-

-

4

100

School Internship-8Weeks Practice Teaching of twenty lessons for 8th, 9th & 10th classes in each pedagogy subject Pg1 & Pg2

-

Pg1 – 100*
Pg2 – 100*

-

-

-

8

200

Practical Examination (Teaching) in Pg1 & Pg2

-

Pg1 – 50# Pg2 – 50#

-

-

-

4

100

Total (IV Semester)

160

440

24

8+10+4

36

24

600